Making a WebMap with QGIS — Video Tutorial
Resource URL: https://youtu.be/snp3lqpvstc
The video tutorial leads through the following steps to create a WebMap using QGIS:
- Adding data to QGIS with the QGIS file browser
- Opening the attribute table for a feature class
- Selecting features by attribute using an expression
- Exporting a selection of features as a new file
- Styling a layer's properties
- Installing plugins
- Adding a base map (QuickMapServices)
- Exporting a WebMap (qgis2web)
The video is 8 and a half minutes long.
Students should be able to replicate the activity in 15-20 minutes if they already have some GIS experience.
This work by Cyrille Médard de Chardon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.