Intro to Desktop GIS with QGIS
The following workshop description is provided:
This introductory-level workshop will focus upon the fundamental concepts and skills needed to explore and analyze data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software with examples using the QGIS platform.
And the learning objectives:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define GIS and geospatial concepts and terminology.
- Know the difference between vector and raster data types
- Properly connect and add data to a QGIS project
- Know where to find the attributes of your data in QGIS
- Perform basic selections and queries in QGIS
- Symbolize data by attributes
- Assemble a basic map for export